DONATION AND ONLINE POLICIES
Information Security and Privacy
The Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party uses Secure Pay for electronic transactions. Secure Pay protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use Secure Pay, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction.
Personal information supplied and/or collected by the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party is kept strictly confidential. Membership lists and personal information is for Party use only and will not be sold or otherwise provided to commercial interests.
Refunds and Returns Policy
The Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party does not issue refunds on annual Membership Subscriptions, Donations or exchanges on any promotional items (e.g. caps) that may be offered from time to time.
The laws regarding political donations have changed significantly. This donation request is offered subject to the qualifications outlined below. Any payment is taken as confirmation of your understanding, acceptance and undertaking that you are eligible to make a political donation. If this is incorrect in any way contact us as soon as possible in writing to correct the matter.
Limitation on Donations to Political Parties
There is a cap on political donations for State Elections.
The cap is $5,000 for aggregated political donations to or for the benefit of a registered political party during the 2015/2016 financial year. A political donation made any time after 30 June 2015 is to be taken into account as a donation made during the 2015/2016 financial year.
The cap is $5,800 for aggregated political donations to or for the benefit of a registered political party during the 2016/2017 financial year. A political donation made any time after 30 June 2016 is to be taken into account as a donation made during the 2016/2017 financial year.
Prohibited Political Donations
It is unlawful to make a reportable political donation unless it is made by a person who is on the electoral roll or is made by an entity that has an ABN or any other number issued by the Australian Securities Investments Commission.
It is unlawful for a prohibited donor to make a political donation.
A prohibited donor is:
- a property developer;
- a tobacco industry business entity;
- a liquor industry business entity;
- a gambling industry business entity;
- any industry representative organisation if the majority of its members are such prohibited donors; and
- a close associate of a prohibited donor.
A close associate of a prohibited donor is:
- a director or officer of the corporation,
- the spouse of such a director or officer,
- a related body corporate of the corporation,
- a person whose voting power in the corporation or a related body corporate of the corporation is greater than 20% or the spouse of such a person,
- if the corporation or a related body corporate of the corporation is a stapled entity in relation to a stapled security – the other stapled entity in relation to that stapled security,
- if the corporation is a trustee, manager or responsible entity in relation to a trust – a person who holds more than 20% of the units in the trust (in the case of a unit trust) or is a beneficiary of a trust (in the case of a discretionary trust).
If you make a political donation or incur electoral expenditure of $1,000 or more, you must complete and lodge a declaration with the Election Funding Authority in accordance with the Election Funding and Disclosures Act 1981. A political donation includes a contribution or entry fee or an annual or other subscription. You must also disclose a political donation of less than $1,000 if the total amount of political donations made by you in respect of the same party (or associated parties), elected member, group, candidate or person in the same financial year is $1,000 or more. Penalties apply for failing to lodge a declaration
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9634 7251 if you have any further questions.
Authorised by F. Despotoski 26/9 Salisbury Road Castle Hill NSW