Troy Grant’s Hot Air Over Gas
The Nationals are getting desperate and Troy Grant tried lying about our policy on coal seam gas.
Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party MLC Robert Borsak today hit back at false accusations from Minister Troy Grant over gas exploration.
“When it comes to gas policy, Troy Grant is just full of hot air,” Mr Borsak said.
“Our gas policy hasn’t changed for years and is quite clear."
1. We support the ban on coal seam gas exploration on prime agricultural land.
2. We oppose any new coal seam gas exploration until the 16 recommendations of the NSW Chief Scientist are met.
3. We oppose any coal seam gas exploration that threatens our water supply or the water table.
4. To remove the necessity for further coal seam gas exploration, we support a nationwide domestic gas reservation policy.
5. Above all, the Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party has always supported absolute property rights. That means that if anybody wants to mine for resources on anybody’s land, the owner should have the final decision and be entitled to substantial royalties.
“When the National Party has their back against the wall, they always resort to deception and lies," Mr Borsak said.
"They are just frustrated by our strong by-election candidates Matthew Stadtmiller and Helen Dalton.
“Let’s not forget that former National Party Leader John Anderson became chairman of Eastern Star Gas after leaving politics and made a small fortune selling it to Santos. Mr Grant needs to look at his own party’s record and not throw stones from glass houses.”